at The Pennsylvania State University
Assistant / May – Aug 2018
Summer Research Opportunity Program and McNair Scholars / Office of Graduate Educational Equity / The Pennsylvania State University
- Assisted the Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) and McNair scholars and helped organize the SROP and McNair program’s research conference under Associate Dean, Dr. Stephanie Preston. SROP and McNair Scholar programs are designed to increase the engagement of under-served students in graduate education and enhance their preparation for graduate study through intensive research experiences with faculty mentors. At the end of their eight-week-long journey, SROP participants and McNair scholars present their research projects at the Penn State SROP Symposium.
Researcher / May-Aug 2017
Up for Learning / Communicating School Redesign (CSR)
- With my previous advisor, Dr. Catharine Biddle, I conducted interviews, coded and wrote an evaluation report on the strengths and the opportunities of growth for the Communicating School Redesign (CSR) initiative.
- UP for Learning has been offering a course titled Communicating School Redesign to help schools better communicate and understand ACT 77, a newly mandated state policy in Vermont that focuses on flexible pathways through personalized learning plans.
- Up for Learning is a non-profit institution in Vermont that offers strategies and tools for building a school community in which learning is engaging for everyone and youth are fully empowered. UP for Learning also conducts policy advocacy to elevate student voice in learning and decision-making on a state level.
Graduate Assistant / Dec 2016 – May 2017
Up for Learning / UMaine, Office of International Programs
- Provided support with international undergraduate admissions, collaborated with students and staff to develop and implement signature International Office events.
Instructional Aide / Aug – Dec 2016
Center of Innovation in Teaching and Learning / University of Maine
- Assisted five faculty members (Prof John Mahon, Prof Michael Hasting, Prof Paul Mayewski, Prof Patti Miles, Prof Nory Jones) at the Business department with lesson planning for graduate-level business classes.
- Provided technical support for three graduate-level, online-hybrid, business classes (BUA 601, 605, and 645) using web conferencing software for the Center of Innovation in Teaching and Learning.
- Provided support for faculty of University of Maine with UMaine Online and Blackboard.