via The Pennsylvania State University
Associate Editor / 2019-2020
American Journal of Education (AJE) Student Forum
- Following a three-year-long membership at the AJE, I took on the leadership role of being an associate editor where I manage the reviewing process of our members’ submissions and assist with the publishing of pieces on ajeforum.com
Student Planning Committee Member / Jan-Apr 2019
Comparative and International Education Society (CIES)
- With Dr. Post, the President of CIES, and his graduate assistants, I assisted with the organization of the CIES 2019. My main responsibilities were to organize the conference sessions and to manage the social media account.
Board Member / 2018-2019
Penn State, College of Education Graduate Student Council, (CoEGSC)
- As the Educational Policy Studies (EPS) representative, organized CoEGSC’s signature conference, titled “Research Island” that aims to help graduate students with publishing educational research and navigate academia in general.
President / 2017-2019
Penn State, International Education Student Association (IESA)
- After serving as IESA’s treasurer from 2017-18, I served as the president of IESA, a student organization that aims to foster the development of graduate students interested in Comparative and International Education.
Member / 2016-2017
University of Maine, Women in Academia, (WIA)
- I helped organize workshops, roundtable discussions with guest speakers to provide University of Maine graduate students with opportunities to network, inform one another and discuss issues related to gender and minority status in the academic context of higher education.
Member / 2010-2011
Bilkent University, Fostering a better tomorrow
- Spent time with foster children on Sundays who were staying with social worker host families.
Assistant / 2009-2010
Women’s Platform United Kingdom, (WPUK)
- Provided organizational assistance for the founder of WPUK. WPUK provides educational and social support for Turkish women in London.